Prize for the best headache cure

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Now recruiting headache/migraine cures. This is the time to make your suggestion. Winning cure will win something. Can't think clear enough to come up with a prize yet, but will come up with one. So don't hold back. I am counting on you for help. After all the doctors have yet to help me.

Please know I will not try all suggestions, but do feel free to humor me. Please leave your suggestion as a comment. See the post below for what has already been tried and suggested.

6 comments:

Jef May 29, 2008 at 9:30 AM

excedrin! Actually...you've probably already tried it...so here are some others.

You need to be suspended by your feet for an hour a day. Blood circulation comes back to your head, it stretches out your links and eases pressure on your neck and spine. It takes some getting used to, but it could really help. It is a preventative measure though.

Another option is a caffeinated beverage...caffeine is known to relieve pain and help with headaches...but I don't think you drink pepsi, coke, Mt. Dew, etc. so that probably won't even get tried.

Get rid of all "un-natural" sugars. Eat only whole grains, and unprocessed raw foods for a month and see if you don't feel better.

Last option that I have...there is a bundle of nerves found in the web of skin between your thumb and first finger, have your wife find it and massage it and then after massageing it, pinch it hard enough to cause brief pain and then after backing off the pressure slightly, hold a pinch on that nerve bunch for 30 seconds. and release.

Hope that helps.

Shaun & Denise May 30, 2008 at 11:02 AM

forwarded comment:
I was looking at your blog this morning and I decided I really want the prize, but when I tried to post a comment it wouldn't let me and it did all sorts of weird things so I thought I would just email you instead.

So I did a search and found a miracle cure for women, the site has pages and pages of testimonials saying how great it works, I figure if it works so great for women it should be perfect for you. Plus what does the FDA know anyway I'm sure it is perfectly safe. Here is the site for you MigrainesCure.com.

Really though I was asked my co-worker what he did for his migraines because he was having really bad ones for several months last year. He said that his doctor put him on amatripaline, which is really an anti-depressant but they have found that in lose doses it seems to treat migraines really well. He said for the most part it keeps the migraines under control. He also recommended Relpax for when you have a migraine or when it is coming on. He said it is a varly new drug put it works wonders and he is totally able to function once he has taken it, because the headache is gone and the drug doesn't knock him out.

My vote is still for the migraine cure for women. But you do which ever works best for you.

Jeni

Shaun & Denise May 30, 2008 at 5:41 PM

Another great tip from one of our valued readers.

"Win a million dollars, and you will stop thinking about any headache you have."

Thanks mom for the tip. I am willing to try this tip. Someone please forward the million dollars quickly. Some how I think it will hurt still just the same. I just won't have to work at home or work.

This is a must try tip though. Just need an "investor".

Amanda June 1, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Eels could heal an aching head. Origin: Ancient Greece. In ancient Greece, healers thought they had it all figured out. They had modern (for that time) ways of fixing just about every malady that came their way - plus, hey, they got to walk around in chalmys and sandals all day. It’s no wonder they were so confident. One of their favorite remedies for headaches was to allow the sufferer to be shocked by an electric eel. Since the maximum sting of these powerful fish be extremely painful (and repeated shocks can be fatal), you have to wonder if the treatment was worse than the condition.

Julie June 4, 2008 at 10:22 AM

Have you tried seeing a chiropractor for a few visits? It isn't an immediate cure, but proper back alignment is said to help with many problems. It takes a few visits in order to get the muscles to loosen up in the correct position.

Amber June 18, 2008 at 7:18 PM

Hey Shaun,

I feel so bad for you and your ongoing migraines! Here are my two pieces of advice (though admittedly they aren't that great).

1. Accupuncture. I've never had it myself but I've heard you feel really great afterwards! Also, my mother had some accupuncture in the back of her head when she was having a migraine and she said it worked well.

2. I get migraines (although nowhere near the length that you've had them!) I take Maxalt, which is in the same family as Imitrex, but without all the crazy side effects. If Imitrex gave you an relief at all, it might be worth a look.

I hope you get some relief soon!