Help needed ASAP Today

Friday, April 24, 2009

Okay, so we need a bit of help today.

Dad is coming home today from a week away in San Fransisco. We know that he has so much to catch up on, but the kids really miss him and we are planning to sneak off with him for the much of the day tomorrow. I spoke with the kids and they just want to do something with their dad. They brainstormed some ideas, but we can't come to a decision on exactly what to do. So with Anna's suggestion to put it up on the blog and let our readers vote. I sure hope someone checks our blog today.

Any way leave a comment or email us with your vote. The winning vote is what we will do. After all it is just being together that matters, but we feel we need to get out and do something.

PS. All my ideas were voted down, so I will only list the final suggestions.

1. Seaside (lots to do there)
  2. Enchanted Forest (also lots to do) It is open Saturday's only right now.
  3. Spend the day at the coast
  4. Gilbert House or OMZI
  5. Go Grocery Shopping (okay, Abigail suggested this one only to find out later she did it so she could buy a pack of gum)
Please vote today!

7 comments:

Jeni April 24, 2009 at 9:34 AM

My vote would be for the coast, Warren's vote would be for OMSI. To merge our ideas, we think you should go to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. That way you get the coast, and the science.

Amanda April 24, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I voted via email but just to be sure my vote is weather motivated. If it is nice the beach, or the Enchanted Forest. If it is raining OMSI. But hey I like the other vote the Oregon Coast Aq is a great idea (a little spendy though I think!) Although so is OMSI. Oh well I guees I am not any help I just want to go do something fun too I have been cooped up or watching baseball all week! I am ready for some fun! I think my kids are too!

sgatherum April 24, 2009 at 9:44 AM

My vote would be to go to seaside, but stop at the store first to let Abigail buy a pack of gum, then drive. Of course go through Tillamook to either get a scoop of your favorite Ice Cream, or a block of cheese (Emerson and I say go for the cheese). Then finish the day with the adventures that Seaside has waiting for you. OMZI is a good choice too if the weather is not so great.

sgatherum April 24, 2009 at 9:45 AM

One other suggestion is to join me in the library. It is lots of fun for everyone.

The Gatherums April 24, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Weather at the coast in the 50's and in the valley in the 60's all seems to be clear of rain.

Any other suggestions other than the ones we came up with?

Jef April 24, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I would go to OMSI...the Leonardo DaVinci exhibit should still be up, but make sure you take time to watch the imax movie. Of course it is expensive but if you buy a family pass then you can go all the time during the year and only have to pay for gas. It is much better that way. The pass also gets you discounted admission into other things in Oregon.

Gilbert House is fun too...especially the bubble room.

My final choice and the one I would love to do with my family...

ENCHANTED FOREST...hands down beats the rest (but probably only because I have such great memories of going there as a kid.)

If you go to Newport, I would do the Mark Hatfield Marine Science Center rather than the Aquarium simply because it is so much cheaper...and I think it is more hands on. Seaside is fun if the bumber cars are going and you get the shopping and the beach all in one. buy kites for the kids and a stunt kite for Shaun and go fly kites...that is always fun.

Julia Shinkle April 24, 2009 at 9:23 PM

I have been wanting to go to Omsi with my kids so that is my vote.